VISA REQUIREMENTS FOR TOURIST TRAVEL
Checklist of Documents to be Submitted:
- Machine readable valid passport with at least two (2) unused (blank) pages labeled Visa when presented at the Embassy or Consulate; one page for affixing the visa or permit by the embassy/consulate and the other page for endorsement of entry/departure stamp by the South African Immigration Services. Passport must be valid for 30 more days after the intended return date from South Africa
- A duly completed Visa application form DHA-84 signed by applicant
Note: Under Permanent Residential Address, please state the address in the United States where you reside.
- Two (2) passport photos with white or light background
- A valid return/round trip air flight or proof of reservation
- Certified/notarized copy of birth certificate in case of children below 18 years
- Consent letter from parent(s) in case of child/children traveling alone or with other parent
- Proof of sufficient funds (recent three months bank statement stamped by bank, etc.)
- Proof of legal status for non-U.S. citizens (Certified/notarized copy of greencard, H1B, F1, J1, etc.)
- Certified/notarized copy of bio page of the applicant’s passport
- A statement or documentation detailing the purpose and duration of the visit
- Proof of hotel accommodation (confirmed hotel reservation or a letter of invitation from the host (relative or friend) in South Africa
- Proof of host’s legal status in South Africa (copy of I.D. Book/ passport if South African citizen,) or copy of passport and a copy of visa or residence status in South Africa, certified by the South African Police Service.
- Non-refundable fee of $36.00 money order
- Yellow fever certificate is required if applicant is passing through yellow fever belt area before entering South Africa.
- Attention New York Applicants: The South African Consulate General in New York will no longer accept prepaid envelope/labels from FedEx and UPS with immediate effect. Applicants are welcome to enclose only US Postal Service self-addressed, pre-paid courier envelope for this office to facilitate return services.
- Processing time is 5 business days and may take up to 10 days during peak season.
Smart Visas and Passport Services Fee: $ 65.00
Note: There will be an extra charge of $ 5.00 if paid on our online system.
Ship Documents to Smart Visas and Passport Services with a pre-paid return shipping envelop, via Fedex only to:
Smart Visas and Passport Services
250 Park Avenue, suite 7077
New York, NY, 10177
Toll Free (800) 973-3448
Fax (800) 973-3448